The Best Oatmeal Lace Cookie
There are few things that soothe the body and soul like a warm Oatmeal Lace cookie fresh out of the oven. How many of us have time to bake cookies these days?
But if I did, the Oatmeal Lace cookie is the one recipe I would use. It’s not especially good for you other than the oatmeal and the warm and fuzzy feeling you get from eating freshly home baked cookies but they have always been my favorite!
Recipe for the best Oatmeal Lace Cookie
You will need:
- 2 ½ Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- Large Mixing Bowl
Baking Oatmeal Lace Cookies
- Melt the butter over a low heat being careful not to burn it. You can also use margarine in place of butter.
- Mix 2 ½ cups of rolled oats with 1 cup of brown sugar and 2 teaspoons of baking powder in a large bowl. Make sure all your dry ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients.
- Beat 1 egg and add to the dough and mix well.
- Drop the cookie dough from a teaspoon about 1 inch apart on a greased cookie tin.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Let stand 1 minute and then remove to a cooling rack with a metal spatula, being careful not to break the cookie. Don’t wait too long to move them or they will become brittle and crack.
• Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
• They are very fragile (just like lace) until they cool completely.
• After the cookies have cooled, dip half way into melted chocolate.