Cooking Salmon Fillet
It’s easy to eat healthy when you know how to cook healthy. Try a tender salmon fillet fresh from the grocery store topped with a tangy dill sauce. (affiliate link) It’s easy to prepare and very good for you!
Every diet needs a generous helping of fatty acids more commonly known as Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Essential to human growth, healthy hearts and brain function, fatty acids are not something the body makes and therefore we must get them from the foods we eat.
Salmon Fillet in a Frying Pan
There are not many foods out there with such a generous amount of fatty acids that are as easy to prepare as salmon. Here’s what you will need to get started:
- Fresh salmon fillet
- Frying pan
- Olive oil spray
- Dried Dill
- Prepared Dill Sauce
How to Cook Salmon Fillet
- After removing the skin from your fillets, spray the frying pan (affiliate link) with a light coating of olive oil (affiliate link) and put it on a medium heat.
- Put your skinless salmon fillet into the frying pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the fillet with about a teaspoon of Dill. (affiliate link)
- Add a lid and let the fish cook for about five minutes, depending upon the thickness.
- Turn the fillet to the other side, sprinkle with another dash of dill and cover with a lid.
- After another five minutes, check for doneness with a fork. A gently but thoroughly cooked salmon fillet will be tender and pull apart easily.
Serve Salmon Fillet With Dill Sauce
- Serve the fillet with a prepared Lemon Butter Dill Sauce drizzled over it. Most grocery stores offer a display of different sauces right next to the fish case.
- Try the fat free versions – they really do taste as good as the regular kind!
- Thinner ends will cook faster so position them away from the center of the heat unless you like them extra crispy.
- Be sure to cook your fish thoroughly. Cooked salmon will have a drier appearance than when it is uncooked.
Skin On Or Off
It’s all up to you. Not all grocers remove the skin from salmon fillets before you buy them. If you’d like to learn an easy way to remove the skin before cooking read this article on How to Remove Skin Before Cooking Salmon Fillets.